Tuesday, June 18, 2013

THE HIVES - "Tight & Sweaty" - The Studio - Webster Hall - New York - 26-04-12 + Oüi FM Hall - Paris - 19-09-12


THE HIVES - The Studio - Webster Hall -  New York -26-04-12
1- Come On !
2 -Try It Again
3 - Take Back the Toys
4 -Walk Idiot Walk
5 - Main Offender
6 - My Time Is Coming
7 - No Pun Intended
8 - Wait a Minute
9 - Won't Be Long
10 - Hate to Say I Told You So
11 - Patrolling Days
12 - Go Right Ahead
13 - Tick Tick Boom

THE HIVES - Oüi FM Hall - Paris - 19-09-12
14 - Wait a Minute 
15 - Go Right Ahead
16 - Tick Tick Boom 
17 - +  Special screamin' howlin' track !

Technical info  :
DVD Full Pro-shot
Video : Mpeg - 720 X 576 - 25 FPS - 16:9
Audio : Mpeg - 48000 Hz
Menu & Chapters - Artwork included






Putting The Hives in a 300-capacity hall is just like stroking a tiger in an elevator. This may be shaking a bit ! This one is no exception to the rule and here again, the band unleashes the beast for a "secret" show in the overcrowded and cramped Studio, at the Webster Hall, New York, just after the release of  their first album in five years. And they're damn starving ! No holding back here. Pelle's banter hasn't toned down with the years and he is still this so brilliant / arrogant swaggerer ("this stage might not be big enough for my ego"), asking the audience to feel his hand, diving several times in the audience while his brother is licking the mic and thrusting his head in the arms of the first row ! On the telluric "Tick Tick Boom", down in the middle of  a parted audience, he even challenged the crowd to “crush him like an ant” before he made it back to the stage. Wish granted !
Anyway, if you have never seen a storm in a matchbox, this is the show !!
To stick to the same soaked in sweat atmosphere, I've added three songs of their gig in the hall of a French radio, even smaller than the Webster's !
At last, you will find a funny and howlin' bonus, in which you can notice that "to pelle" really means "to swagger" !!

On a technical side, this one really gave me hard time The Oüi FM part came out systematically mute. After many many attempts and long encoding hours under different formats, I had to inexplicably remove the interview that came after the Webster show to make everything work . Weird ! Anyway, this is original HD. I managed to trim off the commercials but I couldn't crop the upper banner without re-encoding and coming out with a much bigger file.

Enjoy !

Chac

New link / part 7 : http://www.filefactory.com/file/7i0h3qo9lqpf/The_Hives_-_Webster_Hall_(NY)_-_26-04-12.part07.rar
 

8 comments:

  1. nice one any chances to reup part 7 pls ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm ... it looks like the "server is down for maintenance" and we need to wait. Hope you'll be luckier than me : the same happened to me two weeks ago for another Hives' gig and the message eventually turned into a "due to an unexpected error the file you are requesting is no longer available" after a 7-day maintenance period. Hope it won't be the case here. Let me know if so, I will try to reupload the part then.
      Cheers !

      Delete
  2. Sorry, just back from a festival in Paris.
    Filefactory has been quite a mess over the last weeks. I've come to many "maintenance" error messages myself, trying to download from other sources. I guess they're reshuffling their servers. I'm currently re uploading a new part 7. It may be a bit long. I will provide a new link when it's over. Hope it will fit. Let me know ...
    Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiox, a new part 7 is up (link above). Hope it will fit in with the other parts !
    Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quiox, I've just thought about an easier solution maybe. You can also check this link : http://www.punktorrents.com/thread-140879.html?highlight=%22The+Hives%22
    Cheers !
    Chac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Concert! Just love your blog, it´s sad that some concerts are no longer avaiable... like triggerfinder Pink Me Up, and The Thermals...:(
    Cheers and thanks a Lot!
    Nuno

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nuno ! Many thanks ! It's always nice to have a bit of feedback as it takes me quite a lot of time, not being an editing expert.
    Thanks to let me know for The Thermals, I haven't noticed a part was down. I've just reuped a new one. The link is available in The Thermals comments section. Hope it will fit in with the other parts, otherwise I
    will have to reup the whole thing and it takes ages !
    For the Triggerfinger show at Pinkpop, have a look as well in the comments, I also reuped some parts at the time. Hope they're still valid !
    FF has really made a mess with their new server !!
    Thanks again for the feedback.
    Cheers !
    Chac

    ReplyDelete